Based on my own experiences with the device within the last four years, here are my thoughts on the Bacharach PGM-IR. I am a Refrigeration Technician in Perth, Western Australia with over 20 years of experience across all aspects of commercial and domestic refrigeration.
Working for a large scale mining company where the majority of our works are servicing and maintaining large commercial AC units. These were used to cool switch rooms for variable speed drives for the mining plant. Typically in this configuration we have 2 or 3 larger AC units cooling a large switch room or substation. Majority of our works in this environment is routine maintenance and inspections. As a part of these inspections we have started employing the Bacharach PGM-IR and leaving it on and scanning the room whilst cleaning filters and carrying out our inspections.
On a number of occasions now the PGM-IR has lead us straight to a leaking component such as an evaporator coil. As such due to early pick up of these leaks we are able to plan our repair works ahead in time leading to minimal loss of refrigerant and down time to the plant. We now utilise the Bacharach PGM-IR religiously as a part of our maintenance inspections as it really speeds up the time taken to complete the maintenance or inspection.
“We now utilize the Bacharach PGM-IR religiously as a part of our maintenance inspections…”
The most powerful, accurate portable refrigerant leak detector
- 1 ppm Minimum Detectable Level
- Detect leaks that other instruments can’t
- Cut leak inspection times
- Fast response time finds leaks quickly
- Infrared sensor unaffected by changes in temperature and humidity
- Real time ppm display quantifies leak to help easily find the source
- 60+ refrigerants accurately detected with Halogen, CO2, N2O and SF6 versions available