Based on my own experiences with the device within the last four years, here are my thoughts on the Bacharach PGM-IR. I am a Refrigeration Technician in Perth, Western Australia with over 20 years of experience across all aspects of commercial and domestic refrigeration.
When leak checking within a large scale hotel, you need to cover a large amount of distance in the quickest time possible. As you can imagine in a hotel there are a large number of refrigerated cabinets across a wide distance. With the Bacharach PGM-IR, you are able to effectively, efficiently and accurately scan a large area for refrigerant leaks. In my experience once confirmed with the PGM-IR, I then return to check with soapy bubbles, I can safely say that I have always had a 100 percent confirmation that a component is leaking.
Some components such as evaporator coils where we haven’t been able to confirm it is leaking in-situ with bubbles, yet still picked up by the PGM-IR, we’ve had to confirm another way. We removed the component such as an evaporator, pressure tested on the bench with dry nitrogen and it has been leaking.
“Nothing but great experiences with the PGM-IR and a 100 percent strike rate for finding leaks…”
The most powerful, accurate portable refrigerant leak detector
- 1 ppm Minimum Detectable Level
- Detect leaks that other instruments can’t
- Cut leak inspection times
- Fast response time finds leaks quickly
- Infrared sensor unaffected by changes in temperature and humidity
- Real time ppm display quantifies leak to help easily find the source
- 60+ refrigerants accurately detected with Halogen, CO2, N2O and SF6 versions available